Depending on your needs, Demeglobe offers different types of transport such as:
Shipping container (FCL / Full Container Load):
This mode of transport is interesting for removals bigger or equal to 8 cubic meters (283 cubic feet), or so for our customer who wish to receive their personal belongings in a relatively tight timing.
The maximum capacity for personal belongings into containers is:
- 30 to 31 cubic meters into 20’ dry containers
- 62 to 64 cubic meters into 40’ dry containers
- 72 to 74 cubic meters into 40’ high cube dry containers
- Exclusive container dedicated only to your personal belongings and/or vehicle.
- Relatively quick from loading time to delivery.
- Possibility of parking a container in front of your origin or destination residence.
- Costs of your move a little bit higher.
Shipping container (consolidated):
A consolidated container offers competitive rates by sharing transport costs such as the transport of the container from or to the port, port fees and ocean freight, and based in proportion to the total volume loaded into the container.
- Reduced transport costs
- No storage fees applicable as we have not reached the required volume (31 cubic meters) for loading into the consolidated container
- Waiting period exceeds the exclusive container solution.
Wooden ocean crate (LCL / Less than Container Load):
When the volume is limited (from 1 to 6 cubic meters), you want your personal belongings to be delivered in a timely manner, and that delivery should be performed outside France, transporting them in a wooden ocean crate may be an interesting alternative.
Once loaded, the LCL crate is delivered to a NVOCC (Non-Vessel-Operating Common Carrier) which get departures on a regular basis.
- Relatively quicker than consolidated containers
- Destination port fees pretty expensive
crate (with IATA standards)
In case you would like to take possession of your belongings within a very fast timing (about a week), sending by air is the mode that suits you best.
However, that transport is more expensive than a consolidated container, unless the volume does not exceed 2 cubic meters.
Airlines do not rely solely on the volume of your personal belongings but also their weight. This is what we call a weight volume, where 1 cubic meter = 167kg.
If the air crate has a gross weight of 125kg and a gross volume of 2 cubic meters, the airline will base its pricing on 334kg (2 cubic meters x 167kg), as the chargeable weight is more important than the gross volume of the crate.
If the air crate has a gross weight of 125kg and a gross volume of 0.5 cubic meters, the airline will base its pricing on gross weight as it is higher than the chargeable weight of 83.5kg (0.5 cubic meters x 167kg).
Airline takes into account the weight which is the most advantageous.
- Very fast shipping times
- Higher costs
Truck (for most of inland moves from or to the United States of America).
In case you want to move your belongings to or from the United States, most of the transportation is done on a road transport.
Your personal belongings can be supported as follow:
- By one of our partners who will transport them from your actual residence to your new home, without any transfer.
- By our team, who will load them into our truck; put them on skids once arrived into our warehouse. After which they will be transported into a trailer to the warehouse of our local partner at destination. Our local partner will make the delivery to your new residence.
In the case of a move to the United States, the customs clearance of your personal effects will be done to the Canadian and US border.
In the case of a move to Canada, the clearance of your personal effects is done at Canadian customs office the closest to your home.